View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I suspect it is too late for BB in the US market. They pulled a Palm and sat on their backsides too long and were not able to get a new OS out in time to save themselves. WebOS never made it to the Palm devices. Just a few years ago BB ruled the corporate and government markets because they were so secure, among other reasons. But now they have been mostly replaced by iPhones in those markets and there is no way in heck the new BB will compete in the consumer arena. They are too late to the game with very few apps. Soon there will be another tombstone next to Palm's in the tech cemetery.
I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike Palm, Blackberry seems to know who their user base is, and seems to be giving them what they want (good keyboards and messaging). Plus, unlike Microsoft, people actually like Blackberry.

I think that they have at the very least bought themselves a few more years.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote