View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeska View Post
A capacitive screen has an extra layer between the reader and the actual display for the touch part of it. Is the paperwihite eInk display enough of an improvement that the extra layer does not detract from the image quality or distract the reader when compared to an IR-based touch display?
I see no degridation with the PW, nothing that makes me notice it looking worse than my Kindle Touch when compared side by side. Note this is a capacitive touch which IIRC is a sprayed on chemical as opposed to a resistive touch like the pre IR Sony's had.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote