View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #74
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I think a good feature would be to add a checkbox to allow the list to stay intact AFTER syncing, but not sync again unless changes have been made. This way, if I want to look at the list in calibre, even after having sync'd it, it won't keep syncing, and triggering the collections plugin.

Just a thought!
If I'm understanding correctly, it seems the easiest way to accomplish this now would just be to leave the option "sync on connection" turned off, uncheck the "clear list after syncing" option, and sync manually when you need to using "sync now" on the plugin menu.

Right now there's no duplicate-checking to poll for "new items", so it syncs the whole list. If you don't keep a lot of books on your Kindle, that's not such a problem, but if you do (like me) it can slow things down considerably.

I keep separate lists, not only because of this, but because I use them for different things, as somewhat described in this post. Nyna does something similar, as described in the post following that one.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote