View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you've already got the Plugboard set up to re-map both title and title_sort then on a PRS505 it should be as simple as just selecting Books by Author from the Sony main menu. The 505 seems to sort by author with the Plugboard-modified title_sort as a secondary sortkey.
I had this setup and after the next upgrade I'll set the columns up again. Everything was sorting great in all areas except collections created by tags. Those titles sorted by the original title.

Quote:
Code:
aba:%All by Author, abt:%All by Title, tags
These special Collections are accessed in the normal way, via Collections on the Sony main menu. The %char at the beginning of each special label ensures that they are listed on page 1 of the Collections list.
Thanks, this was the info I was looking for. Just to get everything under collections.

Quote:
If you've got spare time on your hands this thread chronicles the 'Sony sort saga'
This thread looks like a good read.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote