View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #17
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Report on use with Windows 8 64 bit and IE10.

Although I don't normally use Mobipocket Creator any more, I have a number of books originally made using it and they sometimes need to be updated.

I have resorted to running XP Mode and IE8 (in Windows 7 Pro), and now in Windows 8 Pro I have been using Hyper-V to run a virtual copy of XP. This works but it is annoying having to operate a virtual machine, and after spring 2014 XP goes out of support.

Having read this thread and the other one I thought I would see if I could make it work with Windows 8 64 bit and IE 10, with the patches suggested.

I don't use the Guide feature, but do use the TOC feature, including use of two levels (h2 and h3). So I tried just patching the one file, table_of_contents.html as I hoped not to have to work through patching all of them. It is a shame they are not available somewhere already patched as there are a lot of them.

I am pleased to report that it worked perfectly. So I can now create those books again as needed without the need to run XP and IE8.

Thank you.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote