View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 AM   #17
Ryzir
Enthusiast
Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascaradam View Post
Also, is there any reason no one suggests the Nook Glowlight 3? The price point is good, the screen lighting is apparently good (based on other threads I've read here). Based on their website, the battery seems good.

Can anyone comment on the collections and sorting abilities of the Glowlight 3? Is there any jailbreaking or helpful hacks for it? Is the general UI decent on it or is there some reason people aren't readily recommending it often on these threads?
The nook default Library software is terrible especially for side loaded books. However, I've been using Calibre Companion with my Glowlight 3 and it has been working really well.

When I first got my nook I was sideloading to the "spsd" (sideload) partition with Calibre via USB and I had lots of corruption issues causing me to re-transfer all my books and then the nook software re-scanning all my books. Since using CC I haven’t had any corruption or database issues. It also has a lot of the Calibre options like Series, Tags, and even custom metadata.

CC can’t see the “spsd” partition and the default save location isn’t scanned by the nook software (which I don’t want it to). I use the Wireless Device Connection in Calibre to transfer my books and you can set CC to open your books with the nook software. I also have Zeam Launcher set as my default launcher (Needed to be able to launch CC).

My Glowlight 3 is rooted but only to re-map the hardware buttons and add a back button for some other apps. As far as I can see you don’t need a back button in CC.

App versions I’m using: Calibre Companion 5.4.3.3 and Zeam Launcher 3.1.10.

Last edited by Ryzir; 02-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote