View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #24
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie V View Post
I bought my first Kindle Keyboards aka 3rd generation in 2008 and have had no issues with the first two and the one I bought 4 years ago for my wife.
[...] Unfortunately the LCD could not stand the shock cracked and only the lower 1.5 inches is now readable. I got a factory refurb for $45 CDN on eBay and it has the newer screen technology my wife's has. I went this way because parts were nearly as expensive. I do however have complete spares now except for the LCD.

Hi Freddie, welcome to MR.
The thread you replied to is over four years old, so it would seem not too many people are having issues wth KK lighted cases any more. ;-)

FWIW, mine still works fine, and while I do have a Paperwhite, in many cases I still prefer the KK.

I don't recall Amazon ever refreshing the display in the KK with an updated version. Maybe I missed the news.
Note, there is no LCD in the KK, just an E-ink display module.

Be sure to join in on some of the more recent, active threads!

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-31-2016 at 01:36 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote