Thread: Itunes DRM
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by livresEnFolie View Post
Hi All,

Not sure this is the right section to post this in but here it goes.
I have an ipad as a e-reader but really like Stanza for its night time black background.

I sometimes buy books from the itunes store (legally) but where I get stuck is when I import them into Calibre so I can then access them in Stanza via the Calibre content server. The file is DRM protected and it wont work.

It seems that if I buy it from itunes, I can only read it in ibooks.

I dont want to become a pirate, I just want to be able to read MY book (I paid for it) on the platform I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Most of us only buy books that have no drm or books with drm that can be removed easily. Don't buy from itunes if you want to access your book from devices not made by Apple. In many countries it is legal to remove drm and format shift as long as you are doing it for personal use.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote