View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
<Del>[*]Have designed the device with an additional small LCD for text input so at least that is more responsive -- <del>
actually the display of keystrokes is the one delay that doesn't concern me. i'm a very good, fast typist who doesn't need need to see characters appearing and, in the case of the kindle, i've found it helps tremendously to just 'type blind' and don't wait for the characters to appear. i used the same technique on a blackberry pearl with the 'predictive' word completion that works brilliantly. i could type complete sentences on the blackberry trusting to its artificial intelligence. thus, typing on the kindle doesn't bother me.

but in addition to the delays (which i still maintain frustrate me in every operation) there is too much busy work in the menu system to get anything accomplished. and i'm one of the few i see to detest that silver cursor device. it's hard to see. one example: there are arrows in the left column of the text size select screen and each time i bring that up i expect those arrows to move as they do in 99% of the other comparable devices. it always takes me a few seconds of confusion before i realize i'm supposed to be looking for the silver thingee.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote