View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
GerReader
Enthusiast
GerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGerReader has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection

Update 16.05.2021. V 0.7.8

Hi,

I used the corona lockdown time to port the famous Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection to my Pocketbook Touch HD 3.

This week I finally implemented the last missing element needed for a beta relase, and like to share it now:

https://github.com/SteffenBauer/PocketPuzzles

Ready compiled binary apps (installation of course on own risk) can be found here:

https://github.com/SteffenBauer/Pock...ease/README.md

I ported a total of 50 puzzles, including a sudoku with many variations, minesweeper, slitherlink, and dozens of other less known logic puzzles.

Released under the MIT license, so completely free and open source, I have no commercial interest at all, only personal enthusiasm.

If anybody finds bugs or has ideas for improvement, please comment here, or open an issue at GitHub.

I'm especially interested in reports how the app is working on devices other than the Touch HD 3, like if the screen layout is still ok etc.

So far, I received reports that the app works with these devices:

PB632 - Touch HD 3
PB631 - Touch HD / Touch HD 2
PB740 - InkPad 3
PB633 - Pocketbook Color
PB1040 - InkPad X
PB626 - Touch Lux 3
PB628 - Touch Lux 5

Optimized for a Touch HD 3 with screen resolution of 1072x1448 pixels. The app works on devices with a different screen resolution, but some UI elements might look slightly different.

Thanks a lot to the mobileread forum members nhedgehog, EastEriq, ezdiy, and rkomar for helping me with my questions regarding PocketBook app development in the Developer's corner!

Last edited by GerReader; 05-16-2021 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Next version ready
GerReader is offline   Reply With Quote