View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reow View Post
And Amazon won't be getting $k bills for your data use (as they have a global agreement). I live in a backwater country and can get 10G 3G data for $50/mth, so I know Amazon will be getting theirs *much* cheaper than this (considering the volume they would be buying).
You are factually incorrect. Amazon has rolled out world-wide 3G access by using AT&T data roaming, not local agreements in every country. Data roaming is LOTS more expensive than local agreements. That's why 'free' Kindle ebooks cost $2+taxes in most countries.

There are a few non-US countries where Amazon has arranged local agreements. The UK is one now, but wasn't when the Kindle 2i first arrived.