Thread: dingo
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #159
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjack View Post
With that said, can you do something to make the eDGe better? I know that Android is (mostly) open source. I, for one would love it if there was speech recognition, as my hands sometimes lose total dexterity, keeping me from typing normally. Can you or one of the others make this happen?
I am not a professional developer, so there is probably little I could do in that regard. I do have some programming background and have been interested in trying to develop some Android apps that are sorely missing from what's out there (plotting software being #1), but currently have too many other demands on my time.

Regarding the point about making the Edge better: to put it bluntly, that's not my job. Nor is it robot's, or boris', or jcase's, or anyone else not employed by Entourage. Just like every other owner of the Edge I paid money in return for the professionals to make a device that does the job it's supposed to. Now, I'd *like* it to get better, certainly, but the onus shouldn't be put on me to make it so.

I'll be installing Dingo tomorrow sometime, so I'll re-evaluate my opinions of the Edge at that time. With the mail question cleared up, it looks like the update is a net gain, so perhaps my experience will improve.