Thread: dingo
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #154
guyjack
Edge User

Ok...now I know your thoughts on the eDGe Chubulor. You undoubtedly know much more than I about the eDGe and what it is capable of. I bought it because it will carry books and documents that I need and has a touchscreen that I can use. I can use it to take notes, fill out and sign contracts and a host of other things. There are a couple of things that I wish it would do and design changes I could make, but I have enjoyed the use I get out of it and the updates have enhanced its usefulness to me.

My perception is that enTourage has been very up front with us about what they are doing to improve the device. I have been very satisfied by their work so far. I also know you and a few others are not and, while I can empathize, I also think it might not be too constructive to be so publicly critical of the company, if only to spare yourself from the others being critical of you back in their defense of the company.

With that said, can you do something to make the eDGe better? I know that Android is (mostly) open source. I, for one would love it if there was speech recognition, as my hands sometimes lose total dexterity, keeping me from typing normally. Can you or one of the others make this happen?

I know you are frustrated. Wish I could help with that. Maybe we could be more constructive and kind with our criticisms of, not only the device, but each other as well.

I hope I don't offend anyone with my observations, but I thought that maybe we can all forgive and truly forget past wrongs and start with a new slate! How about it?