View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
Sometime since December my file type plugins have stopped working. I've checked the blog that deals with those and reloaded all the updated plugins but still no luck. In order to get help I need to add a book using the command line but I don't know how.

Could someone please give step by step directions?

Thanks.
Assuming you are on Windows, simply search the web for instructions on how to get to a command line prompt.

Here is one example page:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nd-prompt.html

If you have older versions of Windows you can also simply go to the Start menu and use the "run" command and enter in cmd.exe

As for your plugin issue, my guess is you have multiple versions of the same file type plugins installed at the same time (one older and one newer). Simply use Calibre to go to Preferences->Plugins and then hit the triangle beside "File Type Plugins" to see a complete list of all of your installed file-type plugins. Highlight any old ones and use the buttons to remove the older versions. Don't forget to hit "Apply" before exiting.

Also, if Calibre already has a copy of the book in its library and you want to import a copy via the File Type Plugin instead, you will need to remove the earlier /older version of the ebook from the Calibre Library first before trying to import it again.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote