View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #102
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
In order of acquisition:

RCA REB1100 (loved and used extensively... my wife had me pick up a second one for her)
Franklin eBookman (was looking for something a little more portable, and the MobiPocket support was nice as well)
PRS-600 (silver, bought refurbished from Woot! Loved and used extensively)
PRS-T1 (my primary device now)

Android devices (PDF support and web browsing):
Archos 5 Internet Tablet
Motorola Atrix (4G, then upgraded to HD)
Sony Tablet S
Nexus 7

I mainly use my PRS-T1 for reading, and my Nexus 7 and Atrix HD for reading PDF's, comics, and web browsing.

I still own all the devices on the list and all are still functional except the scroll wheel broke on the eBookman and the battery on my wife's REB1100 died. The PRS-600 has the screen fading issue and hasn't been booted up since I got the T1. I also haven't booted the Archos in a couple of years.

I've been through a number of other odd devices (like portable Wyse terminals) trying to find a device to read PDF's on and surf the web before tablets really came into their own.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote