View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you followed the steps that Terisa gave it should work. The two reasons it won't is if the series option is not checked in the configuration dialog and the metadata management option is not set to automatic. The latter is on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences.

If both are set correctly, could you run a debug session for me an post the log. Before connecting the device, open calibre and the device configuration. In the debug field at the bottom put the name of a book that isn't working. Save this and restart calibre in debug mode. Then connect the device, wait for the sync jobs to finish and close calibre. Then a window will open with the log. Post or send me the contents.
As to the second part of your first paragraph--no, I didn't have automatic management on. So I've changed that.

Where is the configuration dialogue located?

And so, just to make sure I'm reading this right...

I checked the "Sending books to devices" in Preferences, and it looks like right now it's just the default (authors/titles and authors), with a list of the available variables below it.

Do I need to manually add any of those variables? And if so, what's the language used to add them (ie. just type it and separate by comma, or what)? The reason I ask is that it looks like there's a couple of different options there (both a "/" and a "-" are used).

Thanks, as always, for the help.

Edit: Okay, I think I see now--there's an edit template. Let me try that.
Edit edit: Well, that adds "series" and "series_index" to the default, but there's no {} around them, and nothing separating them. So I guess my original question still stands.

Sorry for the confusion on my part--I'm mostly ignorant about coding.

Last edited by Corpsegoddess; 03-03-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote