View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
You need to add the "TOC" entry in the GUIDE section of the OPF in order for the TOC option to be made available (see below).

Code:
<guide>

<reference href="Text/Frontmatter.html#coverpage" type="cover"/>
            <reference href="Text/Frontmatter.html#coverpage" title="Start here" type="other.start"/>
        <reference href="Text/Frontmatter.html#TOC" title="Table of Contents" type="toc"/>

</guide>
Friendly reminder when you do the conversion from epub to mobi via Kindlegen , it uses the TOC you declared in the OPF not the entries in the NCX so it usually makes sense that your HTML TOC and NCX contain the same entries.
Thanks so much, that's most helpful. Aren't ebooks fun? Putting the top line in the guide messed up the conversion with calibre, so it looks as though I'll need to put the lines you suggest in for conversion with Kindlegen and but comment them out for calibre.

I wish Amazon would just once in a while follow standards.

For what it is worth I think the HTML and toc.ncx ToCs have slightly different functions.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote