View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
And it needs the bigger battery to power the phone portion.

Right, and a iPod Touch 5th gen with better display, more memory and a better camera would be a good device. But it would be a better version of the iPod Touch.
The only fundamental difference between the two is the lack of cellular/GPS chip. The iPod Touch line already are iPhones without the Phone bit. Everything else is pretty minor spec haggling.
If they made a Wifi version of the current iPhone, they would call it an iPod Touch.
We obviously have different definitions of the terms "fundamental" and "minor specs", so I'll let it stand there. Arguing the point any further would be pointless.

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure as many as several dozen people would agree with you.
Most others would rather have a smaller, lighter device.
Because of it's destiny to always have weaker specs, I'd like to see the iPod touch ditch a bunch of its current features and turned into a streaming audio player with access to the app store for supported apps. They could then shrink the size to a level that's realistic for its capabilities; something along the lines of this mock up:

Now that would be a great iPod touch
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote