View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #21
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
I've never browsed for four straight hours. But I am very impressed with the battery life of the Vox. Here is how I use it primarily:

Weekdays: Browsing in the morning before work. On my commute to work I throw it into airplane mode and pop the brightness on the display up (my commute is usually sunny). I read on my commute to and from work and for an hour at lunch. In the evening, airplane mode gets turned off with some sporadic browsing here and there. Then I read for an hour before bed (night more, brightness turned way down). By the time I finish reading, turn it off and plug it in for the night, my battery is still at 75% or better.

Weekends: Airplane mode is NEVER on. Browse the internet throughout the day. Usually take it in and out of sleep mode as I also have a toddler who also requires my attention! Usually import books from Dropbox. Read during nap time and before bed. Battery lasts from the time I wake up to when I go to sleep, though it is usually pretty low at the end of the day (total time, usually around 13 hours battery life).

The only time I have really noticed the battery be quickly drained is when I try to stream video from the internet.
Your week sounds very similar to mine!

My battery usage is quite good with WiFi off and with my screen brightness turned down. I can easily get a 10-15 hour day out of it, depending on if I watch a video or if I do a lot of internet browsing.

I guess it all depends on what you do. My hubby's iPad always seems to need re-charging - but that gets more 'game' play on it, so that could be a factor.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote