View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedgar View Post
Why would any program delete files that have absolutely nothing to do with it? You can read my other post as it has all this and more.
I can think of lots of program's that will delete files that have nothing to do with them. They typically give you a less obvious warning than Calibre does. I suggest that you come up with wording that would have made it clearer to you what was about to happen? Since ALL files are by definition on the hard drive then it seems redundant to re-emphasise that point?

This problem can only occur in the first place if:
- there are non-calibre files in the calibre library folder - something that is not meant to occur.
- the user has ignored warnings at the time the library is created (although I accept if the library was created in an old version of calibre it is possible the warnings were not in place)
- the very strong warning is ignored at delete time.

There are technical reasons why the Recycle bin is not being used as otherwise that would be an easy recovery.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote