View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Help convince me that my PW1 is good enough! :-)

Help... I've started to get the itch... I need help convincing myself that my PW1, ordered on the day that they were announced, is good enough.

It still works, still has good battery life, still connects to the Amazon servers, still ... well... everything.

I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the new ones on sale for $99. If they used the same cover I probably would have bought it on the spot, but having to buy a new cover made me a little more hesitant. As I played with it it was clear that it was faster, but does it really matter? Turning pages of text isn't that big of a deal. One thing that would be nice is faster zooming on images as I do read technical journals and articles on my Kindle, and the higher resolution would make it easier to read the diagrams without even having to zoom in on them -- oh, and the light was more even... but as I was playing with the store demo unit I was thinking "nah, this isn't THAT much better..."

...and then I went home and saw the uneven light at the bottom of my screen and was sad, but started reading and got engrossed in my reading and realized that it was just fine, and the page turns were fast enough, and the text was clear enough, and the light worked....

And then I went to Amazon's website and started reading 1 star reviews trying to convince myself that the old one was better... but most of the 1 star reviewers are just morons, so...

Ugh...

Please convince me that my PW1 is good enough for me and shouldn't be given to my wife to replace her Kindle 3 (my previous hand-me-down) nor my mom to replace her old non-touch basic Kindle.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote