View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:23 AM   #11
mishagale
mishagale began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_k_kls View Post
Sorry man,I decide to use autoshelf to manage my books.I think its very difficult to make autoshelf and calibre-sync both work,so I give calibre-sync up.
I wasn't familiar with Autoshellf before now, but I might be able to do some tweaks to make calibre-sync play nicer with Autoshelf. From a very brief glance, it seems the problems are that a) Autoshelf gets its info from the directory structure, and calibre-sync downloads files to a fixed "Author Name/Title.epub" path, and b) Autoshelf is manually triggered while on the "connected to PC" screen.

A possible workaround for b) would be to set the "delay" value (in the [update] section of the calibre-sync.ini config file) to a higher value, e.g. 10. This would ensure you have ten seconds in which to tap the screen and trigger Autoshelf.

I will (eventually, in my Copious Free Time) investigate whether it is possible to trigger autoshelf automatically when calibre-sync updates. I will also look into ways to make the path c-s saves downloaded books to configurable - do you have any suggestions on how that might work?

for the feedback.

EDIT: It seems Calibre includes fields like tags and series as part of the HTML description (content field in the OPDS), so it should be possible to parse that information, and use it to determine the save path.

Last edited by mishagale; 04-13-2017 at 06:45 AM.
mishagale is offline   Reply With Quote