View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
Tatar
Tatar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
CC no longer adding plugboard info for mobi/kindle

Hi - Usually I can find all my answers here, but this one I can't. SO, the details as succinctly as possible:

I had a Kindle and was using Calibre + plugboard for years to load books to Kindle. It all worked great but I didn't like the heft of the Kindle and how clunky it was as a tablet. A few months ago I was gifted a Samsung Tab S4. So I got CC and Moon Pro. I set up a new plugboard for epub and all was fine. Books showed up great with series info etc.

Except, I don't like Moon. I really miss being able to look up a word or a name or place and instantly get some background info to what I am reading. So, I decided to load the Kindle app and start transferring books to Kindle.

I retrieved the old plugboard and manually started dragging mobi files to the kindle app file. All worked fine - series info showed. Did a few and went on vacation. Came back and decided to get on with this job. Nothing works anymore. Calibre will still send epubs to CC with all the series info, but mobi files will no longer carry the info. I have tried dragging, sending wirelessly, etc. But, if the ORIGINAL format is not mobi, the plugboard has no effect. EPUBs are transfer fine. Does anyone have a clue to what happened? Calibre updated a few days ago. Could that be a problem?
Tatar is offline   Reply With Quote