View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
I would really appreciate some help with this one guys. I picked a Glo up today and have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this. My mom has an older Kobo and I've been able to use Calibre without any issue for her, but no luck with the Glo.

I've updated to the newest (1.5 i believe) Calibre version, updated the Glo, syncing it.. and still nothing. The epubs show up folders if I look through my computer. If I copy them to the root folder, still nothing when I click on the library on Glo..it just says no books found and directs me to the Kobo store.

I'm sorry if this is very common, but I've spent hours and was hoping someone would know what the issue is.

thanks in advance
As I read your message, it seems that you can see the epub files in the folders when you connect the Glo to your computer and that Calibre shows them in the library as being on your Glo.

How many books are you copying to your Glo? Depending on how many epubs you have on the Glo, you might want to try removing most of them and then adding them back in slowly. There have been some issues with epubs that have hung the processing step.

When you disconnect the Glo, does the processing screen come up? If not, have you tried power cycling your Glo? I've seen that a couple of times where the processing screen didn't come up until the Kobo was power cycled. So after disconnecting from your computer, wait till your Glo gets back to the home screen and then power cycle it.

If that doesn't work, try signing out of your account (Settings, Account, sign out) which should reset your database and require you to re-setup your Glo. Much like a factory reset but without downgrading the firmware.

If that still doesn't work, the full factory reset is the next way to go.

Good luck!

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 10-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote