View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #88
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Sorry, I don't see one, so I need to update my claims to two covers instead of just one.
Are we looking at the same website? In the Sonystyle official store, all there is left are 4 types of items where there used to be aprox. 16. Seems all there is left in stock are those ridiculous zipper cases noone wants to buy and two types of covers for the 350.

It might be part of a brilliant market strategy that somehow involves getting people to buy other products. I don't know.

Quote:
This is the exact opposite of what anecdotal evidence suggests.
Do a search on the Sony reader part of this forum, use the words best buy and target.
Feel free to persuade me otherwise with all the anecdotal evidence to the contrary.

As for the firmware, no reason to get into that, as we obviously agree on the point that none is forthcoming.

So far the only uplifting news I see is 6 months old, and then its downhill from there.

I can see how some desperately want this to be part of a brilliant marketing strategy by Sony, starving the market to eh make people buy other readers. Liking Sony products myself, this has all the hallmarks of their other niche products that had a good initial sale and then fell through due to limited follow up by Sony. (I am speaking marketing, supply channels, and support for their own product).
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote