View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #1086
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamon View Post
Let's say I try to downgrade the firmware to see if my firmware is the issue. My steps would be place desired update into root directory->update your kindle-> reinstall mrpi and kual. Is this correct?
Are you running a consumer firmware build or are you still running the production line testing build that you started the jailbreak with?

If yes, that is your problem, install one of the consumer firmware build listed in the spoiler of step #7.

If no, then what you describe will not work, the consumer firmware has downgrade attack protection.

What you do, is re-install the factory, production line, firmware build just as you did when you started the jail break process.
The jail break will survive.

Then install the desired consumer firmware build version.
The jail break will survive.

Never, at any point, touch the "Reset" selection, never!

Once you have done the:
current -> factory -> consumer firmware route, you must re-install all of our add-ins (except the jb and the hotfix).

That warning is also in the new (today) introduction.

= = = =

Re-read the new (today) introduction, including the spoiler, before you begin.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote