View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #88
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
FREE IRS Publications of Interest to Those Who Filed Taxes for TY2015.

I was having a lot of trouble falling asleep, so I went to irs.gov to read some of the U.S. tax code, thinking that it might help me fall asleep. Worked like a charm, I was "out like a light." j/k<---I'm joking.

Sometimes I like to post something unusual, but still of potential interest to MobileReaders. I did, in fact, go to irs.gov, but I did so looking for some information for my elderly mother about a possible particular tax deduction that she might be able to take (she's not computerized--yet). I had success. And in the process of doing that I noticed several featured free ebooks published by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service, for those of you who are from outside of the U.S.).

Three of them actually pertain to Tax Year 2015, and were posted by the IRS after the tax year was actually over. It quickly occurred to me that there might be in those books some tax deductions for 2015 passed by Congress after TY2015 was over (yes, Congress can do that, and they sometimes do it), that peeps were not aware of when they filed their 2015 taxes on or before April 15 or so. Obviously, at least something had changed, or the IRS would not have published a revised publication concerning it. Then, I thought, "possible money back," if a person filed an amended return. That really got my attention.

So, I thought that I would list the applicable publications, and give you the URL for the webpage where you can download them. Make sure that you have selected the "ebooks" tab. I think that all of the publications will all be in the ePub format. Again, they are all free to download.
- Instructions for Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (2015).
- Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax (For individuals) (2015).
- Publication 501: Exemptions, Standard Deductions, and Filing Information (2015).
- Publication 525: Taxable and Nontaxable Income (2015)

Again, the IRS webpage that you can go to to find the links for these publications is here. Again, make sure that the "ebooks" tab is selected. And, oh, there are plenty more IRS publications that you can download for free. Just look for the blue button that says "Browse all eBooks" and click on it. There are so many that it would make a CPA or IRS auditor think that he or she had died and gone to heaven!

I hope that one or more of you benefits from them. In case you are one who will file an amended return for 2015, because of information that you got from the publications, and gets money back, I would be happy to accept any tips. Just send them to GtrsRGr8, c/o MobileRead.com. 'Course, if they cause you to have to pay more in taxes, I'm not liable.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-24-2017 at 10:09 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote