View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #46
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
bravosx...Thank you for sending those files which is a great help.

After looking at your files here are the conclusions I arrived at -- And to keep it short, I'm only going describe what I found in your Bracia Grim_Cp-1250Latin2_Save as.html file:

* Your ebook only consists of 5 pages. My plugin is really meant for 200-300 page ebooks with or without images.

* Alot of your files for conversion had '.xhtml' extensions. They should all have '.html' extensions when exported from LibreOffice as html. Please don't use files with '.xhtml' extensions with the plugin.

* When I looked in your Bracia Grim ODT file in Options > Load/Save > HTML Compatibity the Character set the had been set to "Big5" for some unknown reason. In fact, some of your html files that you sent me had also "Big5" set as their html character set. Why are you using a traditional Chinese character set for your Polish html file? In your LibreOffice application, please be sure to set your charset back to Windows-1250/Latin2 which is the correct character set that you should be using for the Polish language.

* On conversion to epub with my plugin both the title and the heading were correctly found and the epub contents.xhtml file was populated with just one toc item which is correct behaviour for the plugin with your 5 page ebook with one heading.

* All the xhtml fies that you sent me all had no DOCTYPE and no XMLNS headers - both were missing. That means that they will even fail when you try to view them in Chrome browser. Never use xhtml files in the plugin -- they have a completely different layout and format compared to '.html' files.

* Despite the above charset and xhtml problems(which I didn't change or alter), when I converted your Bracia Grim_Cp_1250Latin2_Save as.html file to epub using my plugin, the correct charset -- Windows-1250/Latin2 -- was found by the plugin and the epub file also used the correct Polish charset with all ligatures and glyphs present and showing in Text View in Sigil. This file also passed EpubCheck first time and when I converted this file to Kindle using Kindle Previewer 3.7 it converted without any problems and the Kindle displayed properly in the Polish language.

As proof of the above I've sent you both the epub and Kindle mobi version of your unchanged Bracia Grim_Cp-1250Latin2_Save as.epub file. Please note that the Kindle version of your ebook also seems to display the Polish text correctly and so must also be using the correct windows-1250/latin2 charset.

See attachments below.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Bracia Grim.mobi (1.66 MB, 311 views)
File Type: epub Bracia Grim.epub (768.5 KB, 353 views)

Last edited by slowsmile; 01-14-2017 at 10:35 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote