View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I really enjoyed reading this book. I haven't posted till now because I am still mulling it over in my head.

One of my main problems with the book is that I was so angry with Fielding for standing by Adela after the trial and making Aziz give up the compenstaion. It felt like such a betrayal of his friendship with Aziz. After letting that sit in my hed for a while I came to the conclusion that he couldn't do otherwise. Fielding lives outside of the mainstream society and has a sympathy/empathy for others who are outside the norm and a little lost. He doesn't and can't limit this empathy to just one person. The same strain in his character that enables him to truly like and defend Aziz enables him to see Adela as honest if flawed person and defend her as well. From Aziz's point of view it is a betrayal, but as a reader I can see how it is the only reaction Fielding can have.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote