View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Touch
power button doesn't work on Kindle Touch

I bought my Kindle Touch on April 2012, and it seems now that power button doesn't work any more on my Kindle Touch, no matter pressing it or holding it for a long time.

I run the command:
Code:
# showlog -f
and when I press power button, it is not detected, while pressing HOME button does.

Does this mean there is something wrong on the hardware level, so I have to repair it?

At the time, the main problem is that I can't resume from screensaver state by pressing power button, but have to plug it to a computer. It is so inconvenient.

I've tried running "~ds" in the search bar to disable the screensaver, but doing so would prevent Kindle from entering into suspend mode, which leads to consuming more power.

I get to know from here that command
Code:
# powerd_test -p
would simulate power button pressed event, so is it possible to set pressing HOME button to execute this command when in screensaver/suspend mode?

Thanks!
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote