View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #42
doubleshuffle
Flying Wheels
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Not a tribute to Kobo, but this was always needed for my old Sony's.
If those long multiple chapters files are over 200 KB the reader always crashed.
Whenever I make a book with Abby, I always split it at a new chapter.
IMHO it takes the same lenght of amount of time if Sigil has to open such a long html file and it gives more memory problems with the program then a bunch of short html files.
Also search sakes much longer in such long files,and I still have to open every epub because it is never the way I want it..Since i have still some old Sony readers it is become a habit to split them.
I don't think they are mandatory by an epub specification but they do give problems in other reader so I edit them,and with every book I have some thoughts you don't want to have so near Christmas about those ebook "engineers" that think every book has to be a website and all the looks and feels of the original book including all those idiot margins, color values....
Well, I totally agree with the last part of your rant, but I haven't had the same experiences regarding processing speed. Files shouldn't be monster large, but you shouldn't have a monster number of files either. I will never forget the King James Bible I once bought, which had a file for every single chapter. It only became usable after I had merged the files to a much smaller number. So I think there is something like a Golden Mean, and with a very large number of chapters it isn't necessarily a file for each chapter.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote