View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #97
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Buried inside the story of the dispute are a couple of data tidbits on how people read:

1. 20% of page turns are backward. (I've been assuming that I page back far more than average, but I doubt that for me it is over 20%.)

2. Enough people read in landscape to allegedly change the labels for the Voyage buttons from ">" and "<" to "|" and ".". (Too bad the buttons don't actually work in landscape on the currently shipping Voyage, according to all reports I've seen.)
I noticed the 20 percent. I thought it was interesting. I rarely page back when I read fiction, but I will occasionally go back when reading non fiction. Maybe it's people paging back when they put the book down over night and want to refresh their memory on what's happening?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote