Thread: Backup files
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
As you posted in your other topic (now both in the Sigil forum since this was moved):

When you save your book in Sigil, it is saved as an EPUB file. Where you save the EPUB file is up to you. That EPUB file contains everything about your book - all text, images, styles, fonts, metadata - otherwise ereaders would not be able to read and display your book.

So if you want to backup your book, then all you need to do is backup your EPUB.

I'd recommend copying the EPUB to another name every so often (e.g. myepub-10june2012-2), or making sure your EPUB is in a directly you backup regularly.

Now, if you are talking about other Sigil files, which I don't think you are, like window positions and sizes, Sigil preferences, user dictionaries, then they are stored in the usual OS locations but I'll skip describing them in this post to avoid confusion.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote