View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Canadian Cookie
Canadian Cookie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Putting files on my Kobo tablet, format

Yesterday I phoned Kobo to get some help. I was on the phone for one hour and I still don’t have an answer for this . I have been trying to transfer some files from my computers to my new Kobo Arc. I downloaded the Adobe reader app because some of my files are going to be PDF. So far I can only see the files that are jpeg through Gallery. When I am transferring files to my Kobo I am not sure where they’re supposed to go, so I try putting some in the Kobo folder but I still can not see them on my tablet even when I open Adobe reader. By the way if I try transferring files to my Kobo without opening it to the point where I see the folders it doesn’t work, they will not transfer. The Kobo support people do not know how to do this, yesterday I was told that I need Overdrive to read PDF files and was also told that Adobe reader doesn’t work on Kobo. When I want to unplug my Kobo from my computer I do not get an “eject” box. Right now when my Kobo is hooked to my computer I can see the files that I have transferred on it. I am running Windows XP with SP3.
Some of the files that I would like to transfer are in Word, can I still view them on my Kobo and which app do I need for that? As you can see I haven’t started making a tapestry yet.
Also I got a free book that never downloaded to my Kobo.
Can someone help?
Canadian Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote