View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Apparently some of you miss understood what I was saying.

I NEVER do a WiFi sync. Occasionally I hook up my iPad3 to my computer and let it sync through iTunes via a USB connection. That is painfully slow--over an hour to sync less than 4GB 3GB of data. iTunes has always been incredibly slow with syncing, but now it is much worse. [EDIT]: As in taking several times longer to sync.[/EDIT] The computer BTW is wired to the internet via an ethernet cable. No WiFi involved at all. I do NOT use the Apple cloud, BTW.

I do have a WiFi connection on the iPad3, and I allow the App Store app to update any prior purchased apps and occasionally purchase a new one. Whenever the App Store notifies me of an available app update I allow it to update that app. Those app updates are what I'm referring to as taking a very long time. Prior to iOS 6 on the iPad3, it would update most apps in a matter of a few seconds, usually less than a minute. Now it commonly takes 15 to 20 minutes!

Syncing and app updating was blazingly fast in iOS 5 but has become excruciatingly slow under iOS 6.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-31-2012 at 11:54 AM.