View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Zinio is designed to be used by a computer, not a dedicated reader. I tried it for awhile, but found myself disappointed with the lack of portability of the files (unless you had them on a laptop, of course), and the fact that the software essentially created page images of varying resolution, which (like a big PDF) had to be magnified and scrolled up and down and left and right to read most content.

Then, without warning Zinio sold one of my (few) subscriptions to another company, Texterity, whose (also computer-based) software and display options are IMO inferior to Zinio's. I canceled my subscription soon thereafter.

Personally, I'd rather see magazine content better adapted to flowable e-book reading, instead of using specialized software to generate partially-interactive pictures of pages.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote