View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #28350
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Finished Wildside. It wasn't all that good. For an "alternate Earth" novel, the alternate side was very mundane and boring. Most of the book suffered from "Ok, it looks like something is going to be happening here. Get ready, get set, ... Dang, nothing happened again". And on and on. For a book about an alternate Earth, you'd think the plot would depend on describing that alternate Earth. But instead, you end up reading about an alcoholic teenager, and another teenager who dumps his girlfriend and turns gay. Neither is a plotline I want to read, nor one I would have expected in a book billed as an alternate Earth adventure.

In all fairness, the second half of the book was better than the first half. Until the very end, where this totally random and out of place plot twist was thrown in. For what reason, I don't know.

Oh well, back to Burial Ground by Michael McBride, which I had set aside to read Wildside when a paper copy of that finally became available in Prospector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Starting "Wildside" by Steven Gould. Haven't finished by current book yet, but this is a paper copy that finally came available inter-library loan, so I've got to put my current book on temporary hiatus to read Wildside.

Storyline: Alternate Earth that was never populated by humans. Young Adult (that hasn't described me for several decades!) Sci-Fi. I don't mind YA novels if they are well written and entertaining.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote