View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #28343
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Which was most enjoyable. Now onto Mad Ship, the second in the series.
I almost skipped Liveship Traders on the recommendation of a friend. They assured me that there "was nothing in there I'd miss" if I did. But when I began reading The Tawny Man trilogy, I could sense places where background material I wasn't privy to (having skipped Liveships) was being referenced, and it drove me nuts. So I quickly stopped and went back to read Liveship Traders first. I couldn't have been more glad that I did. When I finally got back to Tawny Man, there was so much relevant material and references to Liveships that I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on. Not to mention valuable backstory for the Rain Wild Chronicles later. I can't imagine how anyone ever thought it was "safe" to skip that series. I would never recommend that anyone skip over any of her Realm of the Elderlings works for any reason.

Now her Soldier's Son Trilogy?? Yeah ... skip that whole mess.
Just kidding. It wasn't for me, but it's completely unrelated to any of her other work.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote