View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #28342
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Finished The Imprisoned Guest: Samuel Howe and Laura Bridgman, The Original Deaf-Blind Girl. This book had more personal information and background than The Education of Laura Bridgman.

There was more info about her family and how she interacted day to day with those around her. It still had a lot of dry details, but was interesting enough. It struck me how exhausting it would have been to be one of her teachers. They spent virtually every waking hour with her, constantly finger spelling into her hand, to keep her involved with what was happening.

Just started Dark Summit: The True Story of Everest's Most Controversial Season . This book is about the 2006 climbing season on Everest.

Both books were public library borrows. Waiting to buy After the Wind: Tragedy on Everest - One Survivor's Story, another book about the 1996 tragedy when 8 climbers died. I was hoping my library would buy this book, and it wasn't available for a time as publisher ownership changed. I'm hoping for a price drop.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote