View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #29
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I avoid distraction by not turning on any distracting devices until I've finished my daily writing. I write first thing in the morning by hand (fountain pens - yay!) I transcribe it into the computer a couple of chapters at a time - also first thing in the morning, before my daily internet sweep. I find that the strictures give it some structure, and it's easier to fulfill my commitments to the work.
Mmm, fountain pens. I love fountain pens. I usually use a ball point (fine tip and nice flow) that is a very specific brand/type but at the moment I'm using (of all things) a freebie pen from somewhere which is just lovely. I'm going to be sad when the ink runs out (which being a freebie will probably be soon).

And after the last week or so of writing and scanning, I've discovered that I get lots more writing done with a pen & paper than with the computer (be it Neo or the Cat Dancing Laptop). It just seems to happen. As I mentioned, I've got a lot more WIPs now, but I'm delighted by how much is getting done. I've hit a purple patch (of hopefully not purple prose).

I wish I had the discipline of arjaybe to get it all directly into the drafts but at the moment I'll settle for baby steps.

I'm so glad I asked everyone here. I would never had considered my current new workflow.

skb is offline   Reply With Quote