Thread: problems found
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Re: Copy to Library. (assumes field names are the same: #name )
The first thing I would do is reset 'confirmations'
Preferences: Behavior: <click that button on the right side>

When a field (column) does not exist, calibre offers to create. Even if you say No, it is a heads up of a potential issue.

Your Screen issues may be from the font and parameters.
Preference: Look and feel: Main Interface (tab)

IIRC the User Interface style setting also affects display
And a (fairly new feature): Adjust for High Resolution Displays. Automatic, may not be the best choice for your system
Re: Your Screen issues may be from the font and parameters.
Preference: Look and feel: Main Interface (tab)
Thanks that fixed those issues. As I was fixing the High Resolution Display, I remembered doing that before - don't know how it got changed back except I replaced the 32 bit version with the 64 bit - I guess I inadvertently changed it.

Re: copy to library. The missing field wasn't being used in the new library, so I didn't think I needed to add it. After adding, sometimes it appears to work and sometimes not. Old COBOL programmer here, so I know that is just not possible. I'll keep trying things to figure out what is going on and will ask for more help if I come up with anything.

Appreciate your being so helpful.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote