View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #124
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@nabsltd - have a look at post 111 and ensuing discussion, in particular JimmXinu's posts 117, 119.

@JimmXinu in 117 you wrote

Quote:
I am able to fix/workaround both issues by tweaking the PI code to always set the search restriction (resetting it to '' for views that don't have a search restriction).

But is that useful? Would it be better to remove the PI Search Restriction settings? Or instead show the list of Virtual Libraries and switch to the chosen VL?
I can imagine that idea of 'hooking' a View to a specific Virtual Library would be useful to some people. For me it would have to be optional, i.e. 'blank' would be in the list of Virtual Libraries. And View switching within a Virtual Library would have to be available, as it is now.

Conceptually, I would prefer the inverse, i.e. in a Virtual Library definition, I could specify the default View to use when the VL is opened.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote