View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I think that's what it will do .... just expand the coverage.

Nah .... I was thinking of those rare times when I'm outside of Whispernet coverage, but I also don't have my computer with me. I admit that would be a really strange circumstance ... but play along for a minute.

I mean, I could purchase it on the phone, and then wait until I had the Kindle in range in order to pick it up .... but say I was staying at some podunk hotel that had no internet ... wireless or dial up, and I'm outside of Whispernet range, but I'm still getting an AT&T signal. Then, theoretically, I should be able to download a book to the phone and then go from the phone to the computer and then from the computer to the Kindle.

I have stayed at some pretty out of the way places where their idea of an internet connection is a really crappy computer out in back of the office, no wireless and no hope of connecting up my laptop.

I know .... you're surprised such places exist, but they do.
Yeah, but how often do you go to Bumfark, Yukon?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote