View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sprint and Clearwire Marriage Official

I followed a link.

A couple of the comments note that WiMax had coverage in Alaska and Canada (where there is no Whispernet coverage now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I think eventually Kindle users will be paying for the service
I don't think it will have any effect at all on Whispernet. For one thing, Kindle users are already "paying" for Whispernet. The cost is bundled into the price of each book sold by Amazon and available over Whispernet.

We all know that it doesn't cost Amazon $9.99 to produce a downloadable copy of a book ... not even a best seller. And, since the Kindle is not made to be a web-browser, I would dare say that most of us only use Whispernet from time to time .... and mostly to download books from Amazon.

Even with a merger, the original Sprint contracts will have to be honored, and it's really in Amazon's favor that there is now a larger coverage area. They can start selling Kindles in Canada.

Possibly, at some point, they may discontinue the experimental web browser, but you know, I stopped using that about day two of having my Kindle. I still use Whispernet, but that's about it. And, now that I've got my iPhone, I much prefer that for on the go browsing. It's much (much) faster.

Oh, now there's a thought .... I wonder how hard it would be .... say I was out of Whispernet range .... to purchase a book from Amazon using the cell phone, download it to the cell phone, and then copy it from the phone to the computer?? Hmmm .... may have to try that.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote