View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
I tried the program and it looks and works excellent. Especially, the program detects content well even when a wide table spans across the whole page width while the rest of the content is arranged in two-column.

However, I have a couple of suggestions, though.

1) Pre-trim option
In most articles, headers/footers are not necessary especially in small screen reading device. It would be great if you can implement pre-trim option (just like that in PDFLRF) before detecting the content.

2) Preventing from cutting the text in the middle
I noticed that, in some cases, a line of text is cut in the middle. Since the program already does a great job of detecting content, can you apply a similar logic/process to prevent this from happening when cutting the detected content into smaller gif/jpg/pngs?

3) Easier way to enter precise segmentation parameter.
To make fine changes in the segmentation, I noticed that I should use 'Tab' to highlight the sliding bar and then use left/right cursor key to change the number in the smallest increment. I would be easier if
A. double click on the bar will highlight it, and/or
B. double click on the displayed number allows users enter the number directly.

BTW, thanks for providing an excellent program.

Last edited by soilwork; 11-12-2008 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added suggestions
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote