View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehemiau View Post
I just successfully unbricked my Kobo Mini using the image I got from fat265 (again, thank you very much!)

Also, doing that, I changed the S/N written in his image to match my device (using a hex file editor) - the S/N is written in the beginning of the image and is easy to find.

His image was a 4GB one and I have a 2GB card in my Mini, but I just used dd to write as much as I can and repaired the partitions using gparted afterwards.

Before I did that I tried to use an image I got from davidfor, but it didn't work - it was a Touch image.

Anyway, I'm a happy man now, and for other people having a Kobo that doesn't even light its LEDs:
There's always hope!
I still have the image if anyone needs it, but I erased my S/N.

peace!
Thank you for the instructions and fat265 for making the image available. Could I only ask you which file you have to modify to change the S/N number (apologies if this is a daft question, I am a total beginner)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote