View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Oh, interesting. That's the USB downloader mode. I'm a bit at loss on how this would have been triggered (or does it kick in on any reboot? never seen it for my Mini, but then I never really searched for it either).

My wild guess is that you managed to either
- not connect the microSD properly, or
- fiddled and destroyed the boot sector or the data area on the microSD that is partitionless between boot sector and first partition.

PS: And of course there's hope. When the system isn't properly started via bootloader and kernel, nothing will get displayed and the LED won't light. Good thing is that the Mini can work bus powered, so even wearing out the battery won't render it helpless.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote