View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #57
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
You can't really see anything at all on the erotica covers I've seen so far. Even on that picture referenced here, there are just glimpses of legs and arms, not her actual private parts. If Amazon were to replace the cover with an alternative, they would be enforcing censorship, and thus be no better than the religious police idiots in Saudi Arabia, who mark over or cut out pictures of what they consider to be scantily clad women from western magazines, before letting stores sell them. You buy a magazine over there, you see a lot of black boxes.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...nsors-1.463677

I've got my new PW here in Saudi Arabia and I love it. The little shades in the lower screen do not distract my reading. It is my first kindle, and it replaced my Nook Simple Touch. Even though, the new PW does not read Arabic as the nook does (after I rooted it), the new PW is much better in resolution and it has the light. For Arabic now, I read PDF after processing them with the great k2pdfopt software.

By the way, xendula
Picture censorship is the least to worry about in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by kim1406; 10-15-2012 at 04:06 AM.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote