View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #606
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
War of Honnor will take you quite a while, I have read it myself however you will enjoy the whole thing cover to cover, its a great book. As is most everything else David Weber has written in my humble oppionion. I have heard about the Percy Jackson books, however they seem to be priced a little too high for me. I prefer to spend less for my books not more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^I would just go to the library for the Percy Jackson one. I've been looking at reading it sometime.
We bought the Percy Jackson boxed set from BAM's (Books-A-Million) online store, last year, I think. It was a gift for our eldest. It was $30 at the time and is only $20 now.

As to Honor: Book 10 will be a first time read for me. This is where I burned out last time around, which is why I decided to take a break by reading Percy. My plan, now that I've read all of the Honorverse anthologies, is to switch between Percy and Honor until I finish both series. Since there are 8 more Honor books (including 4 sub-series books) and 4 more Percy Jacksons, I'll be reading 2 Honors to 1 Percy.

Once those are done, I'll still have The Black Dagger Brotherhood and The Hollows series to read, in order to complete my challenge this year. I have no idea whether or not I'll make it. If I don't finish a series this year it will go on the top of my list for next year; I'm hoping I won't have to do that, however, as I'd like to dedicate next year to all of the freebies I've downloaded since I got my Kindle.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote