Thread: Does it exist?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Somebody should make an ereader with LCD on one side for tablet apps, and eink on the other for ereading, with the processor, mobo, battery, etc sandwiched in between. I.e. Dual screen on one physical unit, not two. Put leather or plastic covers on hinge (like a spiral notebook) so to read either side you just flip the cover and the other side stays protected.
Actually, I quite like the folding method of the pocket edge. I can have a book open on one side, and another app (ie dictionary, wiki, web search) open on the other. I can flip the screens around so that my writing hand is over whichever screen I happen to be working with (this is a system setting, not orientation sensor event, so it's not that convienient to do but it is possible). As well, the hinge is a full hinge so if I ever do wish to use it as you suggest, I can flip the screens back to back. There is even little rubber feet on both sides (back and front) of each screen, so they're protected no matter which side is down.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote